Sunday 3 February 2013

Print & Embellishment



Project Print and Embellishment.

Started: Visual Language, looking at many objects that differed every session.
Plants, flowers, cups, saucers, plates ...


This was then developed throughout my sketchbook to look at combining these drawings for layouts, I produced over 15 A2 sheets. 
The First module was purely focused on the Visual Language aspect. This was my first Hand-in at University I achieved 65%. I was extremely happy with this result!

From these drawings I developed to the next module for Print and Embellishment.
The brief stated that the outcome had to be a minimum of 5 printed fabrics and a minimum of 3 embroideries. (Both had to be shown as collections.)

--------------------

Print.
I chose specific images to produce my silk screen to enable me to Print.
I used different types of dyes and printing pastes: Procion. Acid. Pigment. Puff. Foils. Heat Transfer.
As well as using the Silk screen to print, I hand painted many of my designs. I love the delicacy of small colours being added that can really add to the design.

I focused on Blues, Greens and yellows in my Final Collection of Prints






These are some of my final designs, I printed on fabrics that were cotton, silk and linen. I love the feel of natural fabrics and they take the prints and dyes so well.


This is part of my full Final Collection.
Out of the 8 prints I produced ...
SIX got choosen to be taken by our University to ...
Indigo - Premier Vision in PARIS Feb 2013 !!

I couldn't be more happier that my designs have been chosen, being in my First year at university this is amazing news.



Embroidery.

I produced 3 final embroidery that were around size A3. I am so pleased with how they have turned out. I did different types of appliqué, machine embroidery, hand embroidery, couching and whipping stitch. I have a real passion for embroidery and love the feel of texture and building up section section.

This is One part of my Final Collection.
Out of the 3 prints I produced ...
THREE got choosen to be taken by our University to ...
Indigo - Premier Vision in PARIS Feb 2013 !!




For this Module that was recently Completed January 2013, 
The Grade i received was... 75%.

I really enjoyed every aspect of the project learning new skills and developing my designing.
Hopefully I will receive positive feedback from Indigo.

--------------------






No comments:

Post a Comment